$72,000 - $108,000/year
Active911 provides alerting, mapping, and scene resources for hundreds of thousands of emergency responders worldwide. Our purpose is to help heroes save lives, so we are driven to make sure that emergency responders get the tools they need to get the job done easily and without distraction.
About the position
We are growing company looking for an innovative, creative designer who is familiar with iOS as well as desktop and mobile web application design to help us help heroes save lives. This designer will form the nucleus of our design team to help assure we continue to live up to and exceed the high bar we set for ourselves. Job includes benefits such as medical, retirement, paid time off, holiday pay, and HELPING HEROES SAVE LIVES!!! If that doesn’t get you excited this job may not be for you. Active911 is an equal opportunity, at-will employer, which complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Your should apply for this position if you are/have:
- Studying design thinking and design systems is your happy place.
- You have 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing designs across multiple platforms
- You've worked collaboratively with Product and Engineering teams to get projects built in an agile environment.
- You are artistic and can design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product
- You are innovative and enjoy sharing new ideas with others in a collaborative workspace
- Making a real-world difference and helping people is important to you
- You can take business requirements through the design stages from concept to final handoff to the development team.
- You are comfortable simplifying the complex, designing simple and intuitive interfaces.
- You’re proficient in design software tools like Invision, Sketch, or Illustrator, and can create your own mock-ups
- You are be able to work onsite in our Corvallis office.
- Provide a portfolio featuring examples of your work and documenting the thought process behind it