Who We Are
For the last 7 years, Active911 has been helping heroes save lives. We build the world’s best digital messaging service for emergency responders. At Active911, we take pride in providing our customers with the tools they can use to respond to an emergency faster and make more informed decisions, in turn saving more lives. Our belief in the impact that we have on our customers, and the people they serve, is strong. We are passionate about our work ethic and faith in each other. Innovation and a willingness to learn are the staples of the team.
We are leaders of Emergency Innovation in our Industry. Our primary product, a native iOS, Android, Windows and Web app, is a stalwart source of revenue. We believe there is more work to be done, and we are looking to create new innovative products.
In order to accomplish this rapid growth, we must expand, transforming 1 industry leading team into 4.
Who We Want
An innovative, Creative artist that enjoys Simplifying the Complex. Master of the User Experience / User Interface and reporting directly to the Head of Operations, your passion for creativity is reinforced by your desire to learn. Your blend of artistry and science allows you to draw factual conclusions and blend them into an elegance that is both functional and appealing.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Report Directly to Head of Operations
- Collaborate with multiple MVP teams on their weekly projects
- Ensure Branding Adherence on all projects
- Collaborate on the Software Development Roadmap(s) with Head of Operations for up to 4 different, but complimentary, products/applications
- Own UI look & feel across workflows & products
- Own UX look & feel across workflows & products
- Participate on the Operations Leadership Team providing a UI / UX Perspective
Your should apply for this position if you are/have:
- The ability to provide a Design Portfolio prior to Interview
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphics Design or Equivalent
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with InVision and/or Wireframe.cc
- Comfortable communicating via Storyboards, Process Flows and Sitemaps
- Comfortable with designing Menus, Tabs, Widgets
- Familiar with Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Development methodologies
- Able to communicate readily to all members of the greater organization